Wednesday, January 28, 2009

reflection quarter 2

The second quarter for me was a definite challenge. We stepped it up with reading novels that were a bit more challeging than the others we read earlier this year. I don't know about the other AP students but the book Crime and Punishment proposed a huge challenge for me. I had to use a lot of helpers and talk to some people to understand what the story meant. Overall it was a very good book and I was excited to find out that my teacher was behind me in the reading even though I'm sure she had a better reason to be than I. Mrs.Ahearn has classes and papers to grade while I mixed reading for class with reading for pleasure. Reading for pleasure was something I did a lot more.

My weakness is actually the same and has gotten worse this quarter. Me reading other books more than the books I was supposed to and it getting in the way of my educational reading for class. I think it may have gotten worse over time. I spend the majority of my paycheck on Borders Books and I have read about five different series each containing more than four books. The older novel I had to read last seemed to dull in comparison so it was a bit harder for me to read. But then i was upset because the moral of the story was actually more exciting than the story itself. It seemed as though you needed it acted out or read out loud to be good like a Shakespeare play.

No comments:

Post a Comment