Sunday, October 26, 2008

reflection

My favorite blog homework was the first blog that we had to do. We were new to blogging for homework purposes and the new experience was great and an interesting way to learn. Also reading other people's blogs was the most fun. I got to express how i felt and what i learned about the books i read over the summer. I was intensely excited to do so. I read Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, a Gothic love novel. The story was so well written i couldn't take my eyes off of it and finished it along with a few other books from the list. In addition to a new experience it gave me a chance to get back on my feet with writing formally. Because it was my first time doing so I won't forget it explaining why its my favorite. I feel as though the study of literature is so important because it is your language and can improve the way you speak and write which can determine how successful you are in the future. Honestly I just can't get enough of reading. My weakness is reading everything along with what I'm supposed to read which slows me down on my school reading. I also need to learn to read and comprehend beyond the literal and also learn to write beyond the literal. My strengths would be finishing the reading ahead of time and passing the test on them. My reading goal for next quarter is to start and finish The Iliad by Homer and fully comprehend it to its full ability. I was shocked at the things that we were reading about this year. There was a lot of sex, killing, depression, and shocking endings to short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment