Sunday, April 19, 2009

3rd quarter reflection

When I was first starting out with my papers in AP lit i had no clue what 2 expect. I was just getting a feel for the "snappy" openers ad thesis statements are my worst enemy. Its seems simple but I make simple things so complicated sometimes because I want so badly for it to be perfect. I was determined to be different with my subject for my pancake paper when we read Othello. My papers weren't bad but they do much to keep the attention of the reader I'm guessing. I wanted to expand my vocabulary more but neglected to in my writing. In my comparison paper for "their eyes" and "Wuthering heights" the comparison was very odd but it basically explained the same theory in a completely different fashion. Widening my vocabulary is sometimes difficult to me. I already speak better than most of the people I know so it presented a bit of a challenge to me. Reading the books thoroughly made my writing better 3rd quarter.

I'm not really sure what to expect as far as the AP exam. I believe i need to focus on the plots and other details in books that i didn't read thoroughly. My strengths are in the books that I understand the most. I read to really focus on dissecting poetry.

The book that I enjoyed the most was Wuthering Heights. Since i read it over the summer I didn't have to read it as thoroughly but I did catch some things that I missed in my random summer reading list. I think I liked it the most because of the "Gothic" novel feel and it reminded me of the works of Edgar Allan Poe (one of my favorite poets). I love the fight between nature and man and how the ending was eventually what was supposed to happen and also what we wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment